Reporting to General Manager Real Estate Developments, the candidate will be part of support team of professionals, for our Property Management portfolio and Third-party Facilities Management business.
The Internal Consultant will be responsible for supervision, examination, evaluation, and approval of complex plumbing and mechanical installations in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings in accordance with the Plumbing and Mechanical Regulations. Provide assistance to the Maintenance team in advising and assisting others on work methods and practices, assignment and dispatching of work, training, and field assistance to subordinates.
- Lead and execute reliability improvement initiatives to enhance area uptime and services functionality
- Evaluate and measure equipment reliability with upgrading potential
- Develop and upgrade maintenance procedures and auditing to improve mechanical systems
- Lead on latest reliability and maintenance technology and best practices
- Seek new technology and improvement practices
- Offer stewardship to promote Health and Safety in workplace
- Initiate predictive and preventative maintenance on mechanical and electrical installations and equipment
- Creating a unique customer approach by developing maintenance department model
- Researching and progressively implementing an immediate troubleshoot environment
- Determine best practices for Mechanical and Electrical installations, including general improvement of the construction environment
- Develop in-service skill transfer programs with individual performance evaluations in the workplace
- Progressively building team moral and self-image to eventually set the benchmark of a unique maintenance concept in Kenya
Qualifications / Requirements
- Thorough knowledge of specifications, codes, ordinances, regulations, and practices used in the design and installation of plumbing and mechanical systems in residential, commercial, and industrial occupancies and accessory structures.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications and compare them with work in progress. Ability to speak clearly and concisely, make sound decisions and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to read and prepare clear, concise, and comprehensive written materials, including inspection correction lists and permit inspection records
- Accreditation in industrial plumbing technology.
- Seven (7) years of journey level trades experience as a contractor (with plumbing or mechanical emphasis), plumber, or air conditioning installer involved in commercial/industrial construction.
All applications to be sent to: [email protected]